Embassy of India
India China Business Seminar: Investment Opportunities in Gujarat; 10 Sep 2018, Guiyang
1. Continuing its endeavor to attract Chinese investment in Indian manufacturing sector and to pitch for the participation in Vibrant GUJARAT scheduled in Jan 2019 the Embassy of India, Beijing organised an investment promotion seminar, themed “India China Business Seminar: Investment Opportunities in Gujarat”, on 10 Sep 2018 in Guiyang city, Guizhou.
2. A 13-member Government and Industry delegation led by Principal Secretary Mr Mukesh Puri, Govt of Gujarat participated in the seminar which was attended by more than 170 representatives from 150 Chinese companies based in Guizhou and nearby provinces. Mr Lu Yongzheng, Vice Governor of Guizhou Proncial People’s Government was the chief guest of the event.
3. Mr Prashant Lokhande, Counsellor, Economic and Commerce, Embassy of India, Beijing, in his opening remarks welcomed the dignitaries and participants and requested Chinese companies to tap this opportunity of engaging Indian delegates and raise their queries and concerns.
4. Ambasador of India to China Mr. Gautam Bambawale in his special address highlighted the role of Guizhou in the overall India-China bilateral relations and mentioned that Guizhou is one of the priority provinces for the Embassy for deepening the bilateral cooperation.
5. Vice Governor Mr Lu Yongzheng in his keynote address called upon business communities of India and China to explore opportunities offered in each others markets. Principal Secretary Mr Puri made a presentation informing on the opportunities for Chinese investors in the state of Gujarat and appealed the participants to participate in the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit in Jan 2019.
6. Representative from Invest India made a presentation highlighting overall FDI policy of GOI, recent policy reforms, ease of doing measures taken by the Indian government to create enabling environment for business community. Representative of Chinese company TBEA, which has its investments in Gujarat shared experiences of its investment journey in Gujarat and called on Chinese companies to invest in Gujarat. Representative from Link Legal gave an overview on regulatory and legal framework in India. The seminar concluded with a Q&A session.
7. The seminar was supported by Guizhou provincial government, Guiyang municipal government, GIIC and Big Data Expo.